Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June Updates

June has gone by so fast! We've had another child graduate high school and had lots of family visits & traveling to visit other family out of the area, so I haven't had too much time to post.

I picked up some yummy Alchemy Haiku yarn (color is "Fern" - slightly variegated deep greens) as a memento of our visit to Ft Bragg and then got the Cascading Leaves Stole pattern to knit it up with. Even thought I think the designer meant it to be more of leaves, that pattern reminded me of the ocean and seaweed and other swirly water-type things. Not sure how long this will take to knit up - it's more of a challenging pattern than I've done before. The lace is knit up on both sides, not just knit or purled on the back. Yikes!

The other project I'm currently working on is Jared Flood's Beaumont hat. The pattern is pretty and the yarn is scrumptious (yes, I got the Classic Elite Fresco yarn that the pattern recommended and it feels incredible to work with), but so far my hat isn't looking as good as the picture. Maybe my tension is off? Stay tuned for more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment