Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fashionista

I got an email today from a friend saying how fashionable we are. Her justification? A link to a $1400.00 sweater.

No kidding - they really are asking $1400.00 for the sweater. And $1400.00 for the skirt, $55.00 socks and $495.00 for the shoes. That's $3350.00 for the outfit, not including tax or any undies. I'm sure they're extra - they're called foundation garments. I call 'em skivies.

I also don't pay out the nose for them.

A sweater like that takes some time, but having the self-satisfaction of making it yourself is priceless. And the SOCKS! $55.00! Are you out of your mind?!

We've been making things like that for a while. Recipients of our handmade items have politely said thank you and then stuffed the item in a drawer somewhere, never to see the light of day again.

I don't know ANYONE who buys clothes at that price. But if you do, send them my way - I can cut them a great deal on a handmade sweater or pair of socks. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment