Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Winding

I've been in a bit of a knitting slump lately.  I'm bored, and all I've seemed to be doing the past few months is either stockinette or garter stitches.  That's going to change.

I hate it when my knitting gets boring.  There's no reason it should ever get that way.  Sooo, I pulled out a couple of skeins of Alchemy Haiku.  Would up one - I got a bot worried when it appeared to be prying off a stand of Velcro, but once things got rolling on the swift, it came right off. 

I wound, and I wound, and wound some more.  My right arm got tired so I switched to my left.  Got in a decent arm workout, anyway.  Finally, I ended up with a skein of 325 yards of super-static-y fuzzy gorgeousness.  Then got to wondering exactly what weight this stuff was - the wound ball was about the size of my palm -actually, it fits inside my palm with lots of room, and I don't have very big hands.

So I went online and googled the yarn.  Came up with some interesting results - one site said it was a DK weight, another said it was a light worsted, and another said it was lace weight.  Went to the Alchemy site, which said nothing about the yarn weight.  Hmm...

Now that that's been cleared up right muddy, I need to find a pattern that will work.  The ball label gave a gauge of 5 stitches per inch on a size 7 needle, so I'm going to go with that.  Maybe.  Kind of.

Wish me luck!    

No comments:

Post a Comment