Monday, September 20, 2010

Seeing Things

Well, I did it.

I've finally given in to the bi-focal glasses. I did it because of my knitting - I was having a really hard time knitting and watching TV at the same time - couldn't see the TV without my glasses on and couldn't see my knitting with them on. What's a poor girl to do?

Get bi-focals, of course.

The optometrist offered to get me bi-focals last time I was in, but I just waved the suggestion off because I didn't need them and only OLD people have them. Oh, little did I know what was in store for me. Mother Nature & Father Time sure have a way of turning things around on you, don't they?

Now I've got the new glasses and I haven't quite gotten used to them yet. I need to actually wear them but they give me a headache, so I don't like to. That little line makes everything blurry. Steps appear out of nowhere. But I can now knit while watching the TV, so my objective has been met.

I still don't like it, though.

(Oh, I'm gonna be such a pain at the nursing home...)

No comments:

Post a Comment