Monday, September 6, 2010

I Love Socks

I've decided that I love knitting socks. Just about done (just have the toes remaining) on the Belle Epoque socks. I've tried them on and so far they feel really nice. Pretty, too.

I'm bouncing around on another pair of socks, the toe-up basic sock by WendyKnits. You know, I didn't think I'd like - or even be able to work with - the size zeo's. As it turns out, I'm not only able to work with them without my hands cramping up, but I am enjoying them. Maybe it's the brand of needles - got the Addi Turbo Lace for the zero's - and they feel good. Making good progress, too - just up to where I start the gusset. They make a nice tight weave on the material.

That shrug I started still looks like something the cat threw up, so I'm going to unravel it and put the yarn in stash for future use. That pattern just did not work out for me. Well, not everything is going to be a winner the first time around.

Picked up some more sock yarn - going to make a new pair of Tabi socks since the ones I made for myself are a bit too big. Want to make a slightly smaller pair that fit snugger. I'll send the first set out to my daughter, so they won't go to waste (she wears a size larger shoe than me). They're funky, so she should like them, even though they are white and not her usual lime-green.

Knit on, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment