Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bleeding...

Went to do a quick wash & block for the pieces to the cabled carti (finished them a couple of days ago) and lo and behold, the beautiful cranberry red that caught my eye in the store has bled all over! 

I washed again - same thing.  Wash water that looks like something out of a homicide scene.  So I got out the vinegar.

One vinegar soak down.  Then in the rinse the red kept coming out - I figured that I didn't use hot enough water. 

Went for soak #2.  Used the last of my vinegar.  Son of a.... still has red dye bleeding out.  I have NEVER had bleeding problems like this before!  Worse part is that I still have 6 skeins of this stuff left. 

Going to get a 5 gallon jug of vinegar tomorrow and look up some new swear words.

No comments:

Post a Comment