Monday, October 25, 2010

Back Done

Got the back done on the new sweater. It's taking a bit longer than I'd like - had too many other things to do pop up, like work, family, etc. Y'know, I'd get sooo much more knitting done if I didn't have to do all that stuff. Oh, well - maybe I can convince my employer and family to let me knit instead of taking care of things. (Done laughing yet? I know - I'm funny.)

If the back piece is any indication, this pattern should come along nicely. The cable pattern repeat is easy - almost monotonous - but the shaping keeps things interesting. (Shaping with a bulky yarn - who knew?) This is going to a tighter fit that I was expecting. Yes, I DID measure myself and used the correct size, and yes, I DID do a gauge swatch. The pattern just has less ease than I'm used to in the fit. Worst case, I just mail the thing off to m'daughter, who likes such types of things.

It's always good to have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment