Sunday, August 29, 2010

Socks Good!

Since I put down the illegal shrug, I've started a pair of socks (basic pattern #3 from WendyKnit's book, 'Socks from the Toe Up'). I thought I'd have a hard time of it with the size 0 needles, especially since I was working on these while traveling (plane ride then really long car ride), but I didn't!

The needles have a great deal to do with the ease I've had, I think - two 16" Addi Turbo Lace needles, size 0. They're sharp and metal (and rather lethal looking - I'm surprised I was able to take them on the airplane), so things have been whizzing right along. I've got the foot done on one sock and am starting the toe on the other. (I like to work both socks at the same time, section by section - do one section first and then switch over to the other sock and do that part. I get both done that way. I wouldn't otherwise - ask me how I know.)

Cute self-striping yarn, Lana Grossa Meilenweit colorweed (whatever that means in German. Ironically, the yarn is made in Italy. Go figure.). It has subtle stripes in blue demin/grays and should go well with jeans.

I'm having fun with this and I didn't think I would. My hands aren't cramping at all and it's going along much faster than I anticipated. So far, so good - I might be done with my crash & burn streak (I hope!).

No comments:

Post a Comment