Friday, August 27, 2010

Train Wreck

I hate it when a good plan goes South.

You all know I've put my sweater making on hold for a while in order to lose some weight (no point in making anything I won't be able to wear in a couple of months), but recently I tried to "cheat" by making a shrug that really only covers the shoulders. Just one little shrug!

I should have known better. Anytime I try to break the rules - or even bend them - I get caught. Things should have been OK - this wasn't a sweater, after all.

Got the pattern out of the new Interweave magazine, so I thought it would be a good pattern, well written & all. Who knows, it may be a good pattern and the problem could just be me (wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last), but my project looks like an old, beat-up rug that got left out in the rain and dried up all funny.

This piece is not at all attractive. Not sure if I want to keep going to see if any faith I can scrape up for it is justified, or just kill the thing and unravel. Historically speaking, it usually takes me a couple of tries before I get things right, so maybe I just need to try again. Think I'll put it aside for a couple of days and think about it.

Hope all your projects are going better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment