Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holiday Pressure

Holiday knitting starting to get done (part A, anyway...parts B and C get done only if A is complete...no pressure or anything...) I'm feeling the pressure...


I'm really trying to take the Holiday pressure off myself this year. We've all been sick, the house is not clean - let alone decorated - and I am way behind in my Christmas baking (as in I've bought the ingredients but haven't even taken anything out of the bags yet - they're still sitting on the counter).


Why do we do this? Do we take a perverse delight in tormenting ourselves? We dangle impossible goals in front of us like a carrot on a stick - and just guess who the donkey is. :)


Christmas to me is a time to share with friends and family. Of course I want things to be special, but I would rather spend time with my loved ones than running ragged trying to get everything perfect. Can I do it? The jury's still out on this one, folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment