Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ugly Hat



My daughter picked out some colors for a hat/scarf set she wanted. They are UGLY colors, a fact I mentioned to her many times during our shopping trip. However, she really wanted those colors, so I went ahead with the purchase.

After I started working on the hat, I was again repulsed by the combination and so my daughter and I had a discussion via email that went something like this:

Me: "Working on that hat for you. The colors are hideous. It looks like a
Charlie Brown hat. Wouldn't you rather do this with green/white? It would look sooooo much better... I love ya - even if you have questionable taste in colors!"

Her response: "I like it! lol"

Me: "I'm glad you do, 'cause you'll be the only one!"

Her: "...and I'll wear it in public! :)"

Me: "Just don't mention who made it. Really. :)"

Her: "...nah. I'll just say you made it and that I told you to."


My eyes are bleeding. Oh, the things we do for our children...

No comments:

Post a Comment