Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fair Isle Hat

I've been knitting since 10:00 this morning (it's currently 11:30 pm here) and I don't think I can feel my hands anymore. I have to say, it's been worth it, though. I've had a wonderful time today - first my bi-monthly knitting group and then a class on Fair Isle technique.

What a fun class that was! It was taught by Pat Clark, who came all the way up from Sonora, which is about a 3.5 hour drive. You know she is dedicated to do that commute, but Pat also used to be a 4th grade teacher - I think it was 4th grade, maybe 3rd - so you know she is patient. If you can survive teaching kids in school then you can do anything. Needless to say, she was a fantastic teacher!

My hat is now done and sitting on the head of my youngest son (pictured below) and another is in the works for my older son, using the reverse colors. These colors also happen to be their school colors. Hmmm, wonder how that happened....



Pat was a great teacher and the pattern she wrote for the class was clear and easy to understand. The stranding technique she taught us absolutely made the class for me. I will definitely be using this again - no more twisted yarns! That is exactly why I took the class. I will also look for future classes from her.

My friend Chris was teasing me about being a bit obsessive sometimes when it comes to getting things done with my knitting. I think that as long as you still have movement left in your hands, even if you can't feel them, you should be fine. Right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment