Sunday, November 15, 2009

Saturday Night

What a weekend! I'm still not thinking quite straight.

Both boys were off on a Scout camping trip at Half-Moon Bay this weekend, but I got a call from one of the Scoutmasters last night right around bed time saying that my youngest was being taken off to the hospital by ambulance. He's fine now, but that call took off a few years of my life.

I got to the hospital in South San Fransisco in record time. The nurse at the ER looked at me kind of funny when she realized how fast I made it there. (Hey, my kid was in the hospital 120 miles from home and I didn't know how bad it was. How fast would you get there?) I did take time to grab my knitting bag on the way out the door. My hubby grabbed his slippers instead of shoes but I remember my knitting - what kind of Mom am I?

His big brother stayed with him the ENTIRE time - what a kid! I am SO proud of big brother for that. Kudos also to the Scoutmasters at the campsite as well as the EMT's.

The whole thing turned out to be a minor reaction from some medication my son's been taking, so we were able to leave fairly quickly. We got back home at 3:00 am and all was well. I'm ready to go back to work now...way too much excitement this weekend for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment