Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

We're done with dinner and the pumpkin pie has been eaten, and I am reflecting on all the things I am thankful for this year.

I am thankful for the friends and family at the table. Some are not here from last year - either they have passed on or are simply away from home for the first time - and I miss them. I am glad that I got to spend time with them while I could.

I am thankful for a (mostly) clean kitchen. There are plenty of left-overs that we will be able to enjoy over the next few days. Some are not so fortunate. I am thankful for a husband who, after a long search this afternoon, was able to find a place open that served the tacos he so greatly desired for lunch. I am so thankful that he bought lunch for a homeless man there as well.

I am thankful for my family's health and well-being. We may have a little cold occasionally, but there were no sudden trips to an emergency room (as it was 2 weeks ago), either local or 120 miles away. The most exciting part of the day was watching the Macy's parade and commenting on how menacing the Sponge Bob Square Pants float looked (it did - it looked like it was out to get you with it's outstretched arms and maniacal face). We then had the Mythbusters marathon on for the rest of the day.

I am thankful for my friends. Friends who called, emailed or text messaged me to wish me a happy Thanksgiving. I am lucky to have such good friends - thank you!

It was a nice, quiet Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all that I have - I am truely blessed. I hope all of you have had a good Thanksgiving as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment